The Office of the Consumer Protection Board (OCPB) is investigating a case in which a construction contractor known as "Chang Neung" allegedly defrauded more than 60 victims of about 45 million baht.
PM's Office Minister Supamas Isarabhakdi, who oversees the OCPB, said Kriangkrai Rawaiklang, also known as Chang Neung, has been called in on Tuesday for questioning.
Ms Supamas said the contractor will be asked to clarify the facts and explain compensation measures for his clients. If any legal violations are found, both civil and criminal actions will be taken, she added.
Operating via Facebook, the contractor allegedly used stolen designs and low rates of 9,000–10,000 baht per square metre -- plus free appliances -- to attract unsuspecting customers.
Victims paid large deposits, only for the projects to be abandoned after little work had been completed. More than 60 victims from several northeastern provinces came forward reporting damages of about 45 million baht.